I’m sure that many of the american hit show ‘Keeping up with the Kardashians’ viewers thought they knew who Bruce Jenner was, but as it turned out nobody knew who Bruce Jenner really is after all. As many of you might have heard by now, Bruce came out as transgender in a very long anticipated TV interview. If you haven’t seen the interview yet, you can watch some parts of the interview here.
After I’ve finished watching the two hour 20/20 special with Diane Sawyer interviewing the former Olympic winner and I came to the conclusion that I really liked the way they all carried this highly sensitive topic through the show. It was as well very emotional, personal, educational and most of all thought provoking but reflective at the same time.
His family and other celebrities are showing support
So far the majority of the reactions have been very supportive and postive from other celebrities. Take a look!
Laverne Cox, actress from the Netflix hitshow and trans activist also shared her point of view with the public. Hit it!
Bruce Jenner said it was Kanye West who helped Kim Kardashian understand his transition
Will Bruce Jenner’s coming out change the world?
I’m sure that this interview with Diane Sawyer changed his public perception in many ways and I’m not even talking about his gender, rather than his personality in general. “What I am doing is going to do some good,” Jenner said in the interview, “and we’re going to change the world. I really, firmly believe that.”
And honestly, I do think that Bruce Jenner can change the world. And here’s why!
7 Reasons why Bruce Jenner is going to change the world
1. He’s on the most popular reality television show on this planet. Through the show he can reach millions of people who are going to watch the whole family adjusting to a completly new situation and the viewers will accompany each family member on their very personal journey of acception.
2. Bruce Jenner is famous on his own! He’s not only famous because of Kim Kardashian, he became famous way before Kim as the ‘world’s greatest athlete’ winning the Olympic Games in the 70s. In fact he’s widely known outside the reality TV universe which makes him even more powerful – he’s not only relevant to the younger generation, but also to the generation 60+.
3. Kim Kardashian is supporting him. We don’t know whether she’s only jumping on the bandwagon for publicity reasons or if her compassion is sincere. Either way she’s in the position to push the dialogue to the next level alongside with Bruce.
4. He’s a pioneer! Never before has a high profile public figure spoke out the way he did. I’m not saying that he’s the first transwoman on the planet, but never before has there been any celebrity with an extend of his fame made a statement like that and is going to document his journey on reality TV. That gives him the benefit of a pioneer and all the attention he needs to change the public perception of transgender people.
5. Bruce Jenner has a strong mindset! And no, I don’t agree with people saying he’s disorientated because he’s old or something. We should never forget that he has the perseverance of a top athlete. People like this are fighting for their goals like nobody else.
6. The world of celebrities is showing full support. Names like Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Ellen DeGeneres, Oprah or Lena Dunham stand behind him a hundred percent and their opinion will have a snowball effect as consequence to their fans.
7. He’s finally transitioning into the person that he always wanted to become. And as cheesy as it might sound – you can’t do any wrong by just being yourself. Bruce Jenner transitioning infront of the public eye will be a thought provoking experience for everybody watching, making a lot of dialogues possible. With him coming forward with his own truth he’s helping other people in his situation to become more visible which is important in the process of acceptance. That’s all I have to say on that!
What’s your opinion on that matter?
The fact that such an important topic, that used to be a taboo for so many years is finally a part of the biggest mainstream TV reality show on the planet is just mindblowing! And I firmly believe him that this decision is not a publicity stunt for the show like some people were saying. I mean, we live in a highly staged media world where many people try to sell out anything, but in my opinion this is not one of them. It would be just absurd!
So I want to know how y’all feel about this situation!
Please let me me know in the comments below and thank y’all for reading!